Monday, June 3, 2013

Maple Apple Crisp & A Visit to See My New Nieces!

So, its been 1 month since these little beauties were born!  I should have shared the pictures sooner!   

But here they are my new twin nieces... Nora and Macy!  Adorable!
I am also sharing with you this Maple Apple Crisp recipe, because this is one of the dishes I brought for their family {the other was Mom's Three Bean Hotdish}.  

In the pictures below I have doubled this recipe; I thought since I was making it any way I would make some for us to have at home too!

I found the original recipe from AllRecipes.  This is a VERY tasty recipe; a great combination of apples, maple and crunchy topping!  Enjoy!

Ingredients:  {for a single batch}
-5 apples, peeled, cored and sliced  {I used a combination of Granny Smith and Gala}
-3/4 cup maple syrup
-1/2 cup flour {you could use wheat flour, I also like spelt flour}
-1/2 cup rolled oats {I use old fashioned, not instant or quick cooking...they are more processed}
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-pinch of salt
-1/2 cup butter, softened or melted

Process:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Toss apples with syrup.
3. Lightly spray an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
4. Pour apple and syrup mixture into the prepared dish.
5. In a medium bowl combine flour, oats, sugar, salt and butter.
6. Mix to create a crumbly mixture.
7. Top apples evenly with crumb topping.
8. Bake for 35-45 minutes, until the topping is golden brown.  {I forgot to take pictures of the finished crisp.}

9. Enjoy warm or at room temperature!  It would be great warm with vanilla ice cream or yogurt!

Now for more pictures of our new family.  Here's my Big Mr. J with one of his new cousins.
Aren't they cute!?!
Here are my two sweet hearts with their new cousins; their first girl cousins!
Little Miss J with Nora!
The kids and I with the twins!
The new parents with their new family!  Congratulations to them; we can't wait to see all of the adventures these new girls take the family on!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...