Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Homemade Taco Sauce

I adapted this recipe from joyofkosher.com; its a great one and it really tastes so much better than the store-bought stuff.

A single recipe makes about 1 1/2 cups.

Ingredients:
-8 oz. tomato sauce OR 1/4 cup tomato paste + 1/4 cup water + 1/8 tsp salt OR 16 oz. crushed tomatoes
-1/3 cup water {omit if using crushed tomatoes}
-1/4 tsp chili pepper
-1 1/2 tsp cumin
-1 1/2 tsp dry minced onion
-1 tbsp white vinegar
-1 tsp garlic powder
-1/4 tsp paprika
-1/4 tsp sugar
-1/4 tsp cayenne

Process:
1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
2. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
3. I used crushed tomatoes I canned from last summer's garden; so I ran the sauce through the food processor.
4. Cool and place in an airtight container and use or refrigerate for up to 1 week {or freeze and thaw as needed}.

If you have any extras, it would be great mixed in taco meat, pasta sauce, used as pizza sauce or in a mexican style soup!  Enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...