Monday, May 19, 2014

Mom's Cucumber Salad

I found these great mini cucumbers at the local grocery store and they are from right here in Iowa so I had to try some!  
So, I made my Mom's cucumber salad; my husband, son and I all love this as a side to a great meal.
Ingredients:
-3 to 4 medium-small sized cucumbers
-1/2 cup miracle whip
-1/8 cup milk
-about 1/4 cup onion, chopped or thinly sliced
-salt and pepper, to taste

Process:
1. Thinly slice the cucumbers {I like to use my mandolin slicer, but I have also cubed the cucumbers for this recipe too}
Place cucumbers in a medium bowl.
2. Add onion to cucumbers.
3. In a small combine miracle whip, milk, salt and pepper.
Whisk well.
4. Add dressing to cucumbers and onions.  Mix well.
5. Place in a container or bowl, cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours or enjoy right away.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...