Friday, October 18, 2013

New York Style Pizza Dough {Makes 4 Crusts}

This is a very easy New York Style Pizza Dough!  
I found the recipe from sherisilver.com

I especially like it because a single batch makes 4 pizza crusts.  I also make this recipe in my breadmaker so it makes it even easier to make {if you don't have a breadmaker you can see the original recipe site for manual directions}!  I usually use one for a pizza, one for cheesy or garlic sticks and put the remaining two in the freezer for next time I want to make pizza!

Ingredients for 4 pizza crusts:
-2 cups warm water {about 110 degrees}
-1 tsp salt
-6 cups four {You could also use 3 cups wheat or spelt flour and 3 cups  white flour; the original recipe calls for bread flour, but I never buy bread flour and always use all-purpose flour in recipes that call for bread flour}
-1 package dry yeast {2 1/4 tsp}

Process:
1. Combine all ingredients in breadmaker pan in the order listed.
2. Set breadmaker to the dough setting and allow to run the full cycle.
3. Remove the dough from the breadmaker pan and divide into 4 equal pieces.
Below I have images of 1/2; 1/4 and 1/4 of the dough waiting to be formed into pizza crusts.  The other 1/2 I split into two pieces and froze for next time.
To use the dough after freezing; just thaw in the refrigerator or at room temp.

To make pizzas:
You can either roll out dough and prebake your crusts for about 15 minutes before topping and then bake for another 10-15 minutes after topping.
OR
Roll out pizza dough. top with toppings and bake for 20-30 minutes until desired doneness.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...