Thursday, October 17, 2013

Mock Filet Mignon

Hello, hello!  I fully intended to post yesterday; although I was cooking homemade ketchup for canning and canning sweet and hot peppers, which ended up taking up the entire day!

So, today I have a Mock Filet Mignon recipe to share with you!  Its actually as easy as making burgers, so enjoy!
Ingredients:
-1 1/2 lbs. ground beef {or other ground meat}
-2 cups oats {you could also use bread crumbs, crushed crackers or chips or cooked rice; I used some brown rice I had leftover from the night before}
-1 cup onion, chopped {you could also use about 1/4 cup dried, minced onion}
-1/2 tsp garlic powder
-1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
-1 1/2 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp pepper
-6 bacon slices {I'm sure you could use turkey bacon too!}

Process:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Combine all ingredients, except the bacon in a medium-large bowl.  Mix well.
2. Flatten meat, to even out the mixed meat in the bowl.  Using your hand or a spoon section the meat into 6 equal pieces.
3. Form each section into a patty.
4. Wrap a slice of bacon around each patty.  {I only had 5 slices, so I wrapped 4 patties and placed half a slice on the top of the other 2 patties.}
 
5. Secure each piece of bacon with a toothpick.  {I only had the colored toothpicks, so I ended up with tiny colored spots on the bacon; but no one even noticed.}
6. Place patties on a shallow baking dish and bake 20-30 minutes or until the patties reach your desired doneness.
7. Remove from oven, let cool slightly .  
8. Remove toothpicks and serve.
Enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...