Monday, October 14, 2013

Baked Apples with Toasted Marshmallows

Alright, I looked and looked for where I found this recipe, but no luck!

Its a good one though.  And actually very easy to make; you could probably even prep everything ahead of time and just place in the fridge or on the counter covered with a towel until ready to bake {depending on how far ahead you make them}.
Ingredients:
-1/4 cup sugar
-3 tbsp flour
-1 1/2 cup water
-5 to 6 apples
-butter
-cinnamon & sugar {I used my cinnamon & sugar mix}
-10 to 15 large marshmallows

Process:
1. In the bottom of a baking dish mix together sugar and flour.
2. Add water and mix well to create a syrup.
3. Halve apples and remove cores.  {I used a melon baller to remove the cores.}  Place apples, peel side down in syrup.
4. Cube butter; enough for about 1/4 tbsp per apple half, place a cube in the center of each apple half.
5. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over all apples.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
7. Remove apples from oven and top each with 1 or 2 marshmallows.
8. Return apples to oven and bake until marshmallows are melted and golden.  {My family was impatient so ours didn't get toasted; I would put them under the broiler for about 1 minute next time to toast them up real well, and quickly.}
9. Cool slightly and enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...