Monday, October 21, 2013

Fresh Creamed Corn

Fantastic homemade creamed corn!  This recipe is very easy to make, the "toughest" part is cutting the corn from the cobs.  If you want to skip that part entirely; I'm sure you could substitute a 1 lb. bag of frozen sweet corn already trimmed from the cob.

4-6 Servings
Ingredients:
-6 ears of fresh corn, shucked {or substitute a 1 lb. bag of frozen corn}
-1/4 cup butter
-3 tbsp water
-1 tsp sugar
-1 tbsp flour blended with 1 tbsp water
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp pepper {I think I might reduce this to 1/4 tsp next time}
-3/4 cup milk
Flour and water mixture.
Process:
1. Cut corn from cobs, then scrape each cob with a sharp knife to get all of the milk and pulp.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet; I used my Dutch oven.
3. Stir in corn and juices.  Add the 3 tbsp water and sugar.  Cook until corn is tender.
4. Stir in flour-water, salt and pepper; blend well.
5. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly.
6. Cook for about 2 minutes longer, but do not allow to boil.
7. Enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...