Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Sweet Vanilla Cherry Cake

This is a fantastic and very easy homemade cake!  
Its great warm, although my son especially loves it cold from the refrigerator!  So, I made this special for him in the morning of the first day of school and refrigerated it so he could have it cold for dessert that night.
I love that this recipe truly has great vanilla flavor!
I found the original recipe from AllRecipes.  You could probably use any prepared pie filling; I would like to try this with my Homemade Rhubarb Triple Berry Pie Filling.
Ingredients:
-3 eggs
-1 cup sugar
-3/4 cup canola oil
-1 3/4 cups flour
-3 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp vanilla {I actually used about 1 1/2 tsp}
-dash of salt
-21 oz. can cherry pie filling {or other favorite pie filling}
-1 to 3 tbsp course sugar {you could use regular sugar}
-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, optional
Process:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
2. Beat together eggs, sugar, oil, flour, baking powder, vanilla and salt.
3. Spread about 2/3 of the batter mixture into the prepared baking dish.
4. Spread pie filling over batter.
5. Drop the remaining batter mixture by spoonfuls on top of the pie filling.
6. Using a skewer or toothpick, swirl the to batter.
 I had a great helper for this part!

7. Mix the course sugar and cinnamon {if using}, sprinkle over cake.
8. Bake for 40 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and enjoy warm or cool completely or refrigerate before enjoying!
This cake would be great warm, served with vanilla or chocolate ice cream!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...