Thursday, September 5, 2013

Summer Roasted Vegetables: Broccoli, Cauliflower, Green Beans OR Carrots

Roasting vegetables is in my opinion the easiest and most tasty way to prepare most if not all of summer's fresh vegetables.
I have always enjoyed roasted vegetables and I find myself doing often throughout the summer.
I found this BEAUTIFUL purple cauliflower at the farmer's market!
Ingredients:
-fresh summer vegetables {carrots, broccoli, cauliflower or green beans, or any other fresh veggies you have, such as zucchini, tomatoes, onions, peppers, potatoes, etc.}
-olive oil or other vegetable oil {always use olive and/or canola oil}
-salt
-pepper
-freshly minced garlic, optional {I usually use only when I have time or feel like adding a little "garlicyness" to the veggies}
*You could also add any fresh herbs that compliment the veggies you choose.
Process:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Chop or dice vegetable into same sized pieces.  {For green beans, just wash and/or trim if necessary; I don't usually trim them.}
3. Place veggies in a medium/large bowl depending on how much you have.
4. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with pepper and generously with salt; add fresh minced garlic, if using.  Toss well to coat all pieces.
5. Place vegetables on a baking sheet; I like to line the baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
6. Bake vegetables for 30-40 minutes, depending on the veggie and how roasted you want them.
7. Remove from oven and enjoy!
Note for leftovers:  I love to use leftover roasted vegetables in scrambled eggs in the morning!  I like to put the scrambled eggs with the roasted veggies over a slice of toast spread with coconut oil... oh so tasty!  This is usually how I use all of the leftovers; if there are any.  I also love the green beans just cold from the fridge for a quick, healthy snack!


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...