Thursday, July 18, 2013

Seasoned Oyster Crackers

I just totally blanked out about taking pictures when I made these tasty oyster crackers, so sorry no pictures; but truly this recipe is super easy!  Enjoy!

Ingredients:
-2 (12 oz.) packages oyster crackers
-1 cup vegetable oil {I always use canola}
-1 1/2 tbsp dry ranch dressing mix {you can buy it or make your own: Ranch Mix #1 or Ranch Mix #2}
-1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
-1 tsp dried dill
-1/2 tsp garlic salt {I don't usually have garlic salt in the house so I use 1/2 tsp salt plus 1/2 tsp garlic powder, you can use less if you are worried about the "garlickiness"}

Another Option:
Make these with half oyster crackers and half plain goldfish crackers {we like the whole wheat ones}

Process:
1. Place oyster crackers in a very large mixing bowl.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pour oil over crackers.
3. Sprinkle on the ranch mix, lemon pepper, dill and garlic salt.
4. Toss well to evenly coat all crackers.
5. Spread on a large baking sheet {I always use foil or parchment paper so its quick cleanup and you can use the foil/paper to funnel the crackers into a container later.}
6. Toast crackers in preheated oven for 10 - 15 minutes, stir every five minutes to toast evenly.  {I don't always stir them, sometimes I forget and then they're done.}
7. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.

Enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...