Monday, May 6, 2013

Spiced Fruited Bundt Cake/Bread

This is so tasty and really fairly healthy!  More of a bread than a cake, delicious either way!
I found this one in my  2011 Edition of America's Favorite Brand Name Recipes.
It would also be fantastic for breakfast; maybe with eggs and sausage!?!
Ingredients:
-1 cup honey {I used 3/4 cup maple syrup, plus 1/2 cup sugar}
-1/3 cup vegetable oil {I always use canola}
-1/3 cup strong brewed coffee {you could also use strong brewed chai tea!}
-3 eggs
-2 1/2 cups flour
-1 1/2 tsp baking soda
-1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
-3/4 tsp nutmeg
-1/2 tsp salt
-2 cups peeled and cored, chopped apples {about 3-4 apples;I used granny smith, use whatever you have}
-1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds or other nuts, optional {I left them out for the kids}
-1/2 cup dried cranberries {you could also use raisins or other dried fruit}
-powdered sugar for dusting, optional
Process:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine maple syrup, sugar {or honey}, oil and coffee in a mixing bowl.  Beat until well mixed.
3. Add eggs and beat well.
4. Add baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to the mixture, mix well.
5. Add the flour, mix well.
6. Add in chopped apples and dried cranberries {almonds or other nuts if using}, mix by hand.
7. Spray a bundt or tube pan really well with cooking spray.
8. Pour the mixture into prepared pan.
9. Bake 40-45 minutes.
10. Remove from oven.
11. Carefully remove cake from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
12. Slice into wedges and enjoy!
* Dust with powdered sugar if desired...

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...