Saturday, May 4, 2013

Quinoa Side Dish

This side dish is super tasty!  The kids loved it and even my husband said it was great and had more than one helping!  Enjoy!

I adapted this recipe from AllRecipes.

Ingredients:
-1 tbsp butter
-1 cup uncooked quinoa {I used Trader Joe's  Organic TriColor Quinoa}
-2 cups vegetable or chicken broth {I used 2 cups water and two chicken bouillon cubes}
-1/2 tsp garlic powder {or 2 tsp chopped}
-2 tsp dried parsley {or 2 tbsp fresh chopped}
-1/4 tsp dried thyme {or 1 1/2 tsp fresh chopped}
-1/4 tsp salt
-2 tbsp dried minced onion {or 1 small onion, finely chopped}
-dash of fresh lemon juice, optional {great with or without it!}

Process:
1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add quinoa and toast gently for about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in broth {water & bouillon}, garlic powder, parsley, thyme, salt and onion; bring to a boil.
4. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with lemon juice if desired.
6. Enjoy!
*This was also great warmed up the next day!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...