Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Grow Potatoes in a GARBAGE BAG!!! Awesome idea!

I just came across this idea from The (mis)Adventures of a "Born Again" Farm Girl;  did you know that you can grow potatoes in a garbage bag!?!

Now this is something I am going to HAVE to try!
Looks like all you need is a large garbage bag, some seed potatoes and some soil!  

You put some soil in the bottom of the bag and "plant" your seed potatoes and once they grow to be 6 inches tall, you just add more soil to cover them!  And continue doing this until the bag is full!  When its time to harvest your potatoes, dump out or rip the bag and gather your potatoes!

For the full instructions with some great pictures, check out The (mis)Adventures of a "Born Again" Farm Girl.

Enjoy and let me know what you think!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...