Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Crispy Rosemary Chicken

This is a fantastic recipe!  Everyone loved it!  

I found the original recipe in my America's Favorite Brand Name Recipes 2011 Edition.  
Ingredients:
-1/2 cup dry bread crumbs {seasoned or not; whatever you have}
-3/4 tsp seasoned salt
-1/2 tsp dried rosemary leaves, crushed
-1/4 tsp pepper
-3 1/2 lbs bone-in chicken pieces, skin removed {I used thighs}
-1/2 cup mayo {I used 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt & 1/4 cup miracle whip...the dairy helps to tenderize the meat, I put the chicken in this mixture the morning I was going to make it for supper; you could do it overnight!}

Process:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Coat chicken pieces in mayo or yogurt/miracle whip mixture.  {This can be done a day in advance, keep refrigerated until ready to use.}
3. In a shallow dish combine bread crumbs, seasoned salt, rosemary and pepper; set aside.
4. Remove a piece of chicken from the yogurt mixture and lightly coat in crumb mixture; place on a lightly greased cookie sheet or baking dish.  Repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
5. Bake for 40 minutes.
6. Enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...