Another snow day today; seems appropriate to post another great dessert recipe! Enjoy!
This recipe is fantastic; I made it when we had friends over for brunch! It was a big hit and the leftovers were great!
I found the recipe from AllRecipes.Ingredients for Cake:
-2 1/4 cups flour
-3/4 cup sugar
-3/4 cup butter
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp salt
-3/4 cup sour cream
-1 1/2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
Ingredients for Filling:
-8 oz. cream cheese, softened
-1/2 cup sugar
-1/2 cup raspberry jam
-1/2 cup slivered almonds, optional
1. In a large bowl combine flour and sugar.
2. Cut in butter using a pastry blender, forks or your fingers, until mixture is crumby.
3. Remove 1 cup and set aside.
4. To the remaining crumbs, add baking powder, baking soda and salt.
5. Add sour cream, egg and extract; mix well.
6. Spread mixture into the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of a greased 9 inch spring form pan.
For the filling:
7. Beat cream cheese, sugar and egg until well blended.
8. Pour over batter; spoon raspberry jam on top.
9. Sprinkle with almonds and reserved crumbs.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes.
11. Let stand 15 minutes.
12. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan.
13. Move to serving platter and serve.
14. Enjoy, refrigerate leftovers.