Monday, March 4, 2013

Black Bean & Rice Salad

This is a really tasty cold salad; the combo is great!  Its also very easy to make!  I found the recipe in my cookbook: 2011 Edition of America's Favorite Brand Name Recipes
Ingredients:
-1 cup Minute rice, uncooked {I think next time I would like to try brown rice}
-15 oz. black beans, drained and rinsed
-1 medium red pepper {I used some red and some green}
-1/2 cup ranch or peppercorn ranch dressing
-2 green onions, thinly sliced
-1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
-1 tsp ground cumin
Process:
1. Prepare rice according to package directions in a large bowl; I just microwaved mine with a dinner plate on top of the bowl. Allow to cool while chopping vegetables.
2. Add beans, pepper, onion and cumin to rice.
3. Add cilantro to mixture.
4. Toss to mix thoroughly.
5. Add dressing to mixture.
6. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
* You can make this up to a day in advance; I found the flavors were even better the next day!
7. Enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...