Monday, February 18, 2013

Apple Salsa

This recipe is one of my new favorites!  I love it especially because good apples are available all year round, so this is a great fresh salsa you can make anytime!

I think this would also be great over grilled chicken, grilled fish or even grilled pork or beef steak!  Enjoy!

Ingredients:
-1/2 small onion, finely chopped (red or sweet yellow)
-1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or flat leaf parsley
-2 apples {tart/firm apples work best; I like granny smith, honey crisp, gala or pink ladies}
-3 tbsp lemon or lime juice
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp sugar

Process:
1. Finely chop apples and place in bowl.
2. Add chopped onion, cilantro/parsley, salt, sugar and lemon/lime juice.
 I had some little fingers snatching apple pieces while I was chopping everything else...
3. Stir to combine well.
4. Serve right away or cover and refrigerate until serving.  {This stores well in the fridge for up to 3 days... if it lasts that long!}
5. Enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips, pita chips or over grilled meat!

Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...