Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pineapple Orange Salsa

This is another awesome all-season salsa recipe!  I even think this one is more easy than my Apple Salsa recipe.  

I've been making this one for years and its one of my husband's favorites!

This recipe is very versatile and I have listed the multiple options below.  Use what you have; sometimes I use more or less pineapple or oranges depending on what I have.  And some times I add just a pinch of salt depending on how I feel; it helps enhance the flavors.  Enjoy!

Ingredients:
-1 large can (about 29 oz.) unsweetened pineapple, crushed or tidbits
-1 medium can (about 11 oz.) mandarin oranges
-about 1/4 cup red, sweet yellow or green onion, finely chopped
-1 tbsp fresh cilantro or flat leaf parsley, minced

Process:
1. Thoroughly drain pineapple and oranges.  {You can roughly chop the oranges and/or tidbits if you like the pieces smaller.}
2. Place pineapple and oranges in a medium bowl.
3. Add onion to pineapple and orange mixture.
4. Add parsley or cilantro.  {I've used both and they are both fantastic; use what you have or like most!}
5. Mix everything together, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.  {You can use this immediately or make up to 1 day in advance.}
6. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips; its really great with "Hint of Lime" chips.  Enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...