This is a fantastic twist on cheesecake! Its savory with lots of herbs, cheese and pepperoni and is served with fresh vegetables and crackers!
I found the recipe originally from Taste of Home. I have changed the recipe; because I don't think this recipe needs the crust. Nobody wants to eat crust with a cracker.
I have made this with both fresh and dried herbs; and I have found that it really is best with lots of fresh herbs and you can use any combination of fresh herbs you have! Enjoy!Ingredients:
-3 (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
-3 tbsp flour
-1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
-2/3 cup fresh parsley, minced
-1 small onion, chopped
-1/2 cup pepperoni, chopped
-2 tbsp lemon juice
-1 tbsp fresh basil, minced or 1 tsp dried basil
-1 tbsp fresh tarragon, minced or 1 tsp dried tarragon
-1 tbsp fresh oregano, minced or 1 tsp dried oregano
-1 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, minced or 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
-2 garlic cloves, minced
-1 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
-assorted fresh vegetables for dipping
-assorted crackers for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Lightly grease a small baking dish about 9 x 9 or a little larger.
3. In a large bowl beat cream cheese and flour until smooth.
4. Add eggs and beat until combined.
5. Stir in Parmesan, parsley, onion, pepperoni, lemon juice, other herbs, garlic, salt and pepper sauce.
6. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
7. Bake at 325 degrees for about 45 to 55 minutes.
8. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes loosen edge with knife and cool another 60 minutes.
9. Over and refrigerate overnight.
10. Serve with fresh vegetables and assorted crackers.