Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Dutch Oven Scalloped Potatoes

These are really good!  You could also prepare them in any baking dish with a lid or with foil over the top.

I think you could easily assemble this recipe ahead of time, refrigerate and just bake it for an additional 15 to 20 minutes before removing the lid.

I found the recipe from Serious Eats.  Enjoy!
Ingredients:
-2 pounds potatoes {I used 6 medium red potatoes}
-3 tbsp butter
-1 1/2 cups grated, cubed or crumbled cheddar or other cheese
-salt and pepper to taste
-1/2 large onion, thinly sliced {I used about 1/4 cup dried minced onion...its not as detectable to the kids and its so easy!}
-2 cups milk

Process:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly grease Dutch oven or other baking dish.
3. Thinly slice potatoes and place half of them in the bottom of the Dutch oven; I sliced mine about 1/8 to 1/4 inch.
4. Top the potato slices with 1 cup cheese.
5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and top cubed butter.
6. Top the cheese with the remaining sliced potatoes.
7. Sprinkle potatoes with onions.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Pour milk over potatoes.
10. Cover Dutch oven and bake potatoes for 1 hour.
11. Remove potatoes from the oven, remove the lid.
12. Top the potatoes with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
13. Return to the oven, uncovered.
14. Bake potatoes, uncovered for about 30 minutes, until potatoes and cheese are browned.
15. Enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...