Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Fluffy Pancakes

These are very good pancakes!  

I found the recipe here.  I like to make a double batch so we can warm them up in the mornings before school.

These are great with mini chocolate chips mixed into the batter.  You could mix in anything you like in pancakes... chopped banana and walnuts/pecans, blueberries, a generous scoop of peanut butter, m&m's, chopped strawberries, 1/4 cup pureed pumpkin, really anything!

You could substitute buttermilk for the milk and vinegar mixture if you have it on hand.

{My pictures here are where I am making a double batch the ingredients list is for a single batch.}

Ingredients:
-3/4 cup milk
-2 tbsp white vinegar
-1 cup flour {you could half or all wheat flour}
-2 tbsp sugar
-1 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 egg
-2 tbsp butter, melted
Process:
1. Combine milk and vinegar in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to "sour".
2. In a medium bowl combine the sugar, baking powder, baking sods, salt, butter and egg.
3. Add the flour.
4. Whisk to combine well.
5. Cook pancakes on griddle or non-stick pan.
6. Enjoy with your favorite toppings or syrups!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...