Monday, November 5, 2012

Baking Mix {Bisquick Substitute}

This baking mix is a fantastic substitute for Bisquick Baking Mix; its quick and easy to make and tastes even better than the store bought version.  I like to use my standing mixer for this recipe.

Ingredients:
-9 cups flour {you could probably use half white and half wheat if you like}
-1/4 cup baking powder
-1 tbsp salt
-2 cups shortening {I use butter flavored}
Process:
1. Combine salt, baking powder and half of the flour.
2. Mix well to distribute.
3. Add shortening and mix well.
4. Add in the remaining flour.
 You can see how the mixture accumulates in the whisk.
5. Scrap the sides of the bowl and mix more, until everything is mixed in thoroughly.
You're mixture should look like this...
6. Pour the baking mixture into an airtight container.
I wrote the recipe on a piece of paper and attached it to the inside cover of the container with packaging tape; so I always have the recipe when I need to make another batch.  So far this has been so handy; I don't have to look all over for the recipe when I need it!
7. Use in any recipe that calls for baking mix.  Enjoy!
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. I finally got around to making this last night. I made a double batch because we use bisquick a lot at our house. After making the mix, I went to bisquick's website and I found a recipe for bread bowls. I ended up making bread bowls the size of a pudding cup and filled it with grilled chicken cesar salad. It was GREAT! Thanks so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you like it! It's really great to have on hand; we used to go through a lot of Bisquick too. I like the idea of the bread bowl for Cesar Salad; thanks for sharing and so happy you enjoy the blog!

      Delete

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...