This recipe is great and very easy to make. Its really like a taco in a pasta shell.
You can make this a day in advance, just refrigerate after the step where you cover it with foil.
I found the original recipe here.Ingredients:
-1 to 1 1/2 lbs. ground meat (you could use beef or turkey, I usually use beef)
-3 oz. cream cheese
-1 tsp salt
-1 tsp chili powder
-20 to 26 jumbo pasta shells
-1 cup salsa
-1 cup taco sauce
-2 cups shredded cheese (you choose what kind)
-1 1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips
-sour cream (highly recommended!)
-sliced black olives
-chopped onions or sliced green onions
1. Cook meat until browned, drain.
2. Stir cream cheese into warm browned meat.
|Sorry, the steam clouded up the picture.|
4. Stir until combined.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.6. Meanwhile, cook pasta shells for 7-8 minutes until al dente, drain. And rinse with cold water.
7. Add the salsa into the meat mixture.
8. Stir well.
9. Fill the pasta shells with the meat mixture and place in a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
10. Drizzle the taco sauce over stuffed pasta shells, cover with foil.
11. Bake covered shells for 20 minutes. Remove foil.
12. Top shells with shredded cheese.
13. Sprinkle crushed chips over the cheese.
14. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes longer.