Monday, October 22, 2012

Mexican Rice

This is really good, like real "authentic" Mexican rice.  Its very easy but it does take some cook time.  

Plus, everyone loves it in my house!  I found this one here.

Ingredients:
-1/4 cup and 2 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
-2 cups uncooked long grain rice {I actually use brown Jasmine rice}
-2 tsp garlic salt
-1 tsp cumin
-1/2 cup onion, chopped
-1 cup tomato sauce
-4 cups chicken broth or water


Process:
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add rice.
2. Cook, stirring constantly until rice begins to puff and turn golden.
3. Sprinkle rice with salt and cumin.
4. Stir in onion and cook until tender.
 5. Add chicken broth.
 6. Stir in tomato sauce; bring to a boil.
7. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes, until rice is cooked.
8. Fluff rice and enjoy! Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...