Monday, October 22, 2012

Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes for the Crock-Pot

These are really good and super easy!

I found the original recipe here; the directions say to bake them in a 400 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours.  I decided to make it easier and make them in my crock-pot.

Ingredients:
-4 large russet or red potatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch slices {I used a combination of russet and reds}
-1 onion sliced into rings OR minced dried onion {I used the minced dried onion, probably about 1/4 cup...its less detectable to the kids}
-3 tbsp butter
-3 tbsp flour
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp pepper
-2 cups milk
-1 1/2 cups shredded cheese {the original recipe calls for cheddar, here I used mozzarella, because that's what I had in the fridge}

Process:
1. Grease crock-pot dish.
2. Layer sliced potatoes in crock-pot occasionally sprinkling layers with dried onion.
3. Repeat with potatoes and onions.
4. In a large saucepan melt the butter over medium heat.
5. Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
6. Whisk in milk.
7. Cook mixture over medium heat until thickens.  Stir in the shredded cheese; continuing to whisk until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
8. Pour the cheese sauce over the potatoes.
9. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours OR cover and refrigerate for cooking the next day. Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. I needed to use up some potatoes and my husband isn't a cheesy guy, (but the kids and I are) But I made this and used a very little mozzarella and cheddar. They gobbled it up, delicious and easy. Thank you! I deleted all my other scallped potato pins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! So happy your family liked it! Thanks for visiting and for commenting!

      Delete

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...