Saturday, October 20, 2012

Golden Cupcakes or Peppermint Cupcakes

These are very tasty!  They are also an easy cupcake to make without using a box mix.

I found the original recipe here.  Really you could use any combination of extract flavorings to make these whatever flavor you like.
Ingredients:
-1/2 cup butter, softened
-1 1/2 cups sugar
-4 egg yolks
-1 egg white {I have substituted 3 whole eggs in place of yolks and whites; they turn out the same}
-2 1/2 cups flour
-2 tsp baking powder
-1/2 cup milk
-1/4 tsp almond extract
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Process:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease muffin cups or line them with paper liners.
3. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks and white.
Last time I made this I used 3 whole eggs.
5. Beat egg mixture into the butter mixture.
6. Stir in flour, baking powder and milk.
7. Add extracts and stir to distribute.
8. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups
9. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
10. Cool completely on a wire rack and frost with your favorite frosting/icing.
11. Enjoy!

To Make these into Mint Cupcakes Substitute:
-2 tsp vanilla extract
-2 tsp peppermint extract
for other extracts.

1. Add green food coloring to make cupcakes green.
2. Mix thoroughly.
3. Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups.
I added some cocoa powder to a small portion of the cupcake batter and put it in the bottom of each cupcake cup; but you couldn't taste the extra chocolate so I would just skip it next time.
4. Bake as directed above.
5. Cool completely on wire rack.
6. Frost with your favorite chocolate frosting.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...