|This picture is before baking, after baking this becomes |
very bubbly and delicious!
I found the recipe here; I did change a couple of things, use what you have. Even my "anti-creamy" husband enjoyed this recipe!
-20 jumbo pasta shells
-5 tsp flour
-2 cups milk
-1 tsp dill weed
-1/2 tsp salt
-2 or 3 celery ribs, diced
-1 small onion, diced
-1 tbsp canola oil
-2 slices bread, crumbled/cubed
-12 oz. water packed tuna OR 3 (6 oz.) cans crab meat OR 2 (4.5 oz.) bags flavored tuna
(I have made this with all of these; all great! When using the 4.5 oz. bags I used Hickory Smoked).
-1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
-1/2 cup shredded or small cubed mozzarella or other cheese
1. Cook the pasta shells to al dente, about 7-8 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan combine the flour, milk, dill and salt until smooth. Bring to a boil, cook and stir constantly for 2 minutes or until thickened.
3. Pour about 1 cup into the bottom of a 2 quart baking dish and set aside.
4. In a skillet, saute celery and onion in oil until tender. Remove from heat.
5. In a bowl combine the celery and onion mixture, bread, tuna/crab, ranch dressing and cheese. Mix well.
6. Stuff pasta shells with the tuna mixture. Place the stuffed shells over the sauce in baking dish.
7. Pour the remaining sauce over the shells.
8. Cover with foil. (Could refrigerate at this point, until ready to use.)
9. If baking right away, bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Or if assembling ahead of time, bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
10. Serve with a salad and/or bread sticks.