Thursday, September 6, 2012

Cheesy Zucchini Patties

This is a fantastic recipe, I found it here > Zucchini Patties
Ingredients:
-2 cups grated zucchini (any summer squash would be great, I'll probably even thaw some I have frozen and make these in the winter)
-2 eggs, beaten
-1/4 cup chopped onion
-1/2 cup flour
-1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
-1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (the last time I made these I just chunked up some string cheese)
-salt to taste
-vegetable or olive oil for frying (optional, see below)

Process:

1. Combine all ingredients except for the oil in a bowl until everything is well distributed.
2. Heat oil (I found that with my nice Calphalon non-stick skillet I don't need to use any oil) in a skillet over medium-high heat.  Drop zucchini mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls and cook for a few minutes until golden; flip and allow other side to become golden.
3. Enjoy!

*I find that these are the best served with chopped fresh tomatoes over them or just by themselves.  The original poster suggested serving them with tomato sauce or sour cream.  They might even be good with salsa!  


*I even like the leftovers cold right out of the refrigerator.  :D
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...