Tuesday, February 11, 2014

How to Roast Garlic

Surprisingly, this was the first time I roasted my own garlic! 
And its so simple, will last quite a while in the fridge and adds oh so much to so many recipes.
Ingredients:
-whole heads of garlic, as many as you want
-olive oil or another oil if you prefer {I've done this with canola oil}
Process:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Peel away an loose papery skins from the outside of each head.
3. Cut off about 1/4-1/2 inch from the top of each garlic head.  You should be able to see the inside of each clove.
4. Place garlic heads in a baking pan with cut sides up; I like to use muffin pan.
5. Drizzle oil over garlic, about 2 tsp per head.  Rub each garlic head to make sure it is coated with oil.
6. Cover the pan with foil.
7. Bake garlic for 30-35 minutes.
8. Allow garlic to cool enough so you can handle it.
9. At this point, you can either refrigerate these in an airtight container as is or squeeze the garlic from it's skin and use or store out of its skin.
I stored my in the skins in this dish all together...
You can mash it and spread it on toast of fresh warm bread, mix it with sour cream for on baked potatoes or mix it with Parmesan and toss with warm pasta.  Or really in any recipe!  Its mild and excellent in so many things!
Enjoy!


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...