Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Seed Savers Exchange... 50% off sale!

Hello all,  I just wanted to get the word out that Seed Savers Exchange has some of their 2013 seeds 50% off!  There are only 5 days left!  I just ordered my seeds for starting in the Spring; I am already looking forward to it!  

Yes, you can order now for next season's planting {and save yourself some moola!}; just make sure when you receive your seeds you store them in a cool, dark place.  I keep mine in the original envelopes in an airtight container or plastic bag.  


This past season, I planted seeds from 1998 and had plenty of winter squashes and pumpkins to prove that if the seeds are stored correctly you can use them for years!

I like to order from Seed Savers Exchange because you can get so many fruit, vegetable and ornamental varieties that are not offered in the store or from other vendors; just because of what they do to prevent rare plants from becoming extinct and preserve heirloom varieties for everyone to enjoy for years to come.

Seed Savers Exchange also offers information for the home and market gardener about seed planting and preserving.  Enjoy!

"Our mission is to conserve and promote America's culturally diverse but endangered garden and food crop heritage for future generations by collecting, growing, and sharing heirloom seeds and plants."

No, I'm not a Seed Saver member, but I think what they do is admirable and I absolutely love the seeds and services they provide!  


Now, go get your seed stock for next year {only 5 days to go}!


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...