Thursday, June 6, 2013

Stuffed Pepper Soup

This is a really fantastic recipe, someone on facebook posted it {please let me know if it was you, so I can give you credit!}.  

I did change/add a couple things.  You could do this on eon the stove or like I did, in the crock pot!  Enjoy!

Even my hubby, who "doesn't like" soup thought it was really great and went back for seconds!

Ingredients:
-4 cups beef broth {I used 4 tsp beef bouillon and 4 cups water}
-28 ounce can diced tomatoes
-1 cup uncooked rice {you could also use quinoa, I used Trader Joe's Quick-Cook Organic Brown Basmati Rice}
-1 onion, diced {I used about 1/4 cup dried minced onion}
-3 to 4 green bell peppers, diced
-1 lb. ground beef or other ground meat
-1 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp garlic salt
Process:
1. Brown ground beef, drain in a colander and rinse with hot water to remove excess fat.
2. Combine onion, tomatoes and pepper in crock pot.
3. Add the bouillon and water or broth.
4. Stir to combine.
5. Add salt and garlic salt, stir.
6. Add in beef, stir.
7. Cover and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours.
8. About 45 minutes to 1 hour before serving, add in rice.  {If using minute rice, mix in only about 10 to 15 minutes before serving.}
9. Stir in rice, continue to cook until serving; stirring occasionally to prevent rice form sticking together and help it to cook evenly.
10. Enjoy with fresh bread or bread sticks!  This is really fantastic even in the next couple days after making!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...