Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Overnight Crockpot Breakfast

This is pretty tasty and super duper easy!  I got the recipe from The Lazy Chicken Coop on facebook.

You could also add other things you may have on hand, like green pepper, mushrooms, corn, broccoli, etc.

Ingredients:
-26 to 32 ounces frozen shredded hash brown potatoes {I didn't have any and substituted cooked potatoes, cubed}
-1 lb. breakfast sausage, cooked and rinsed for excess grease
-2 cups {8 ounces} shredded mozzarella
-1/2 cup {2 ounces} shredded parmesan
-1/2 cup julienne cut sun dried tomatoes packed in oil {you could substitute 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes; I only had the sun-dried ones in a bag; I think next time I would cover them in olive oil and warm them slightly in the microwave to soften}
-6 green onions, sliced {I used minced dried onion}
-12 eggs
-1/2 cup milk
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp black pepper

Process:
1. Spray crock-pot with cooking spray.
2. Layer half of the potatoes on the bottom.
3. Top with half of the sausage, cheeses, tomatoes and green onions.
4. Repeat.
Note:  I think next time I would just mix together the potatoes, sausage, cheeses, tomatoes and green onion.  I think we would like everything combined better than the layering.

5. Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
6. Pour egg mixture over the potato and sausage mixture.
7. Cook on low for 8 hours {overnight} or on high for 4 hours, until eggs are set.
8. Enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I'm putting together a roundup of slow-cooker breakfast recipes on Spoonful (Disney's craft and cooking site). Would you mind if I included yours? I'd use one photo with credit and link back to your post for the full recipe. Let me know if that's okay!

    Thanks,
    Janssen

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...