Sunday, June 9, 2013

Homemade "Lipton" Onion Soup Mix

This recipe is a perfect substitute to the brand name Lipton Onion Soup Mix.  I found the original recipe from Food.com.
I put my mix in a jar and wrote the recipe directly on the jar with a permanent marker so when I need to make more, I don't have to look for the recipe!

Ingredients:
-3/4 cup dried minced onion
-1/3 cup beef bouillon powder
-4 tsp onion powder
-1/4 tsp crushed celery seeds {"crush" the seeds with a mortar & pestle or in a clean coffee/spice grinder}
-1/4 tsp sugar

Process:
1. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
2. Use 5 tbsp as a substitute in any recipe that calls for a packet of onion soup mix.

For Dip:
1. Mix 5 tbsp Homemade Onion Soup Mix to 16 ounces of sour cream or plain Greek or regular yogurt.
2. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving; this allows the dried onions to soften and the flavors to mix.
3. Enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. Just came across this. Thank you, thank you. I can make it gluten free with gf bouillon powder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hooray! a gluten free version for pot roast, dip, whatever! And you can control the amount of salt too! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...