Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Stove-Top Macaroni & Cheese {Panera Bread's recipe!}

This recipe is AWESOME!!!!

And you can actually make this while you make any other meal, it really doesn't take much more time than making a box of Kraft macaroni and cheese.

I think I found this recipe on Pinterest, but I'm just not sure of the original source.

Ingredients:
-16 oz. small pasta
-1/4 cup butter
-1/2 cup flour
-2 1/2 cups milk
-6 slices American cheese, torn into pieces
-1 cup (8 oz.) shredded cheddar {I like white sharp cheddar}
-1 tbsp Dijon mustard
-1 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp hot sauce {I like the chipotle hot sauce}

Process:
1. Cook pasta according to the directions on the package, until al dente.  Drain and set aside.
2. Melt butter over medium heat.
3. Add flour to melted butter.
4. Cook and whisk flour into butter for about 5 minutes  until the flour begins to smell "nutty".
5. Gradually whisk milk into flour mixture.
6. Stir American cheese and cheddar into the milk mixture, stir until cheese is melted.
7. Add mustard and salt to cheese.
 8. Whisk in hot sauce.
 9. Add cooked pasta back to pan with cheese sauce, stir to thoroughly coat pasta with sauce.
10. Enjoy, its really awesome!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...