Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Cream Cheese Banana Bread {with or without Crunchy Nut Topping}

This is THE BEST banana bread I've ever made or tasted!  Everyone who tries it asks for the recipe.

I don't know where I got the recipe, I've been making this for years.

The original recipe makes two loaves {below I've listed the ingredients to make 1 or 2 loaves}.  

This bread freezes great and is also fantastic without the crunchy topping. 

I think you could mix all of the topping ingredients except the nuts and still get a crunchy topping. {I'll probably try this when I make this today; the kids don't like the nuts.  I'll let you know how it works.}
Ingredients for 2 Loaves:
-3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks), softened/melted
-8 oz. cream cheese, softened
-2 cups sugar
-2 eggs
-3 cups flour
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp salt
-2 cups bananas {4-5 bananas}
-1/2 tsp vanilla

Topping Ingredients for 2 Loaves:
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1 tbsp flour
-1/4 tsp cinnamon
-1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
-1 tbsp butter, melted
-1/2 tsp vanilla
Ingredients for 1 Loaf:
-6 tbsp butter, softened/melted
-4 oz. cream cheese, softened
-1 cup sugar
-1 egg
-1 1/2 cups flour
-1/4 tsp baking powder
-1/4 tsp baking soda
-1/4 tsp salt
-1 cup bananas {2-3 bananas}
-1/4 tsp vanilla

Topping Ingredients for 1 Loaf:
-1/4 cup brown sugar
-1 1/2 tsp flour
-1/8 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
-1 1/2 tsp butter, melted
-1/4 tsp vanilla


Process:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly grease 2 loaf pans {or 1 if making a single loaf}.
3. Place bananas in mixing bowl.
4. "Mix" bananas to mash them.
5. Melt/soften the butter and cream cheese together in microwave.
6. Add butter and cream cheese to bananas.
7. Add sugar and eggs to bananas.
8. Mix well to thoroughly combine.
9. Add baking soda, baking powder and salt to banana mixture.
10. Add flour to banana mixture.
11. Mix well to combine all ingredients; scrap down sides of bowl if needed.
12. Divide mixture evenly between loaf pans.
13. Make crunch topping.
I like this chopper for chopping the nuts;
its easy and very quick with little to no mess!
 Add nuts to a small bowl.
14. Add brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, butter and vanilla.
15. Stir well to combine.
16. Divide crunch topping evenly over unbaked dough.
17. Bake loaves for about 1 hour.
18. Remove loaves from oven and cool in pans for 10 minutes.
 19. Remove loaves from pans and cool completely on wire rack.
 20. Slice and enjoy!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...