Thursday, November 1, 2012

Chocolate Cake

This is a great, rich chocolate cake recipe! 

It has coffee in it, which I think must add to the rich flavor but you can't taste the coffee at all.  I found the original recipe here.  

Just use your favorite frosting recipe any flavor is great; I've used strawberry, chocolate and pictured is a butter cream frosting.  They're all fantastic with this recipe, enjoy!

Last time I made this recipe we didn't have extra coffee from the morning and I didn't want to make more so I substituted hot brewed chai black tea; you could taste the chai (the hint of cinnamon and other spices).

Ingredients:
-2 cups flour
-2 cups sugar
-3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
-2 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp baking powder
-pinch salt
-1 cup milk
-1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 cup hot brewed coffee {or tea}
-2 eggs
I measured the milk and the
tea/coffee in the same measuring cup.
Process:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Grease and flour two 9 inch round pans. {I like spring-form pans best; just easier to remove.}
3. In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
4. Add oil, milk, coffee and eggs; beat well.  The batter will be thin.
5. Pour the mixture evenly into the prepared pans.
6. Bake for about 25 minutes or until the top springs back when touched.
7. Cool for 10 minutes in pans then remove to wire racks and cool completely.
8. Frost cake with your favorite frosting.
 9. Enjoy!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...