This is the best and easiest tortellini soup I've ever had; even my 6 year old ate two bowls!
Use on large pot for this recipe from start to finish, so there are very little dishes too!
I adapted this recipe from here.
-2 tbsp olive oil
-1/2 cup chopped onion
-4 cloves garlic, minced
-1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
-1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
-94 1/2 oz. can chicken broth
-9 oz. refrigerated cheese tortellini
-10 oz. bag fresh spinach leaves, roughly chopped
-1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, optional
-15 oz. can cannelloni or other beans, rinsed (optional, I didn't use any beans at all)
1. In a large pot heat oil, onion and garlic over medium-high heat.2. Add thyme and crushed red pepper.
3. Cook and stir until onion and garlic are transparent and golden brown.
4. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
5. Add tortellini and boil for 4 minutes.
6. Reduce heat to a simmer and add spinach (and beans if using).
7. Stir to combine. Simmer for about 1 minute to wilt spinach.
8. Serve immediately.
9. Sprinkle served soup with Parmesan, if desired.