Thursday, October 4, 2012

Tortellini & Spinach Soup

This is the best and easiest tortellini soup I've ever had; even my 6 year old ate two bowls!

Use on large pot for this recipe from start to finish, so there are very little dishes too!

I adapted this recipe from here.

Ingredients:
-2 tbsp olive oil
-1/2 cup chopped onion
-4 cloves garlic, minced
-1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
-1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
-94 1/2 oz. can chicken broth
-9 oz. refrigerated cheese tortellini
-10 oz. bag fresh spinach leaves, roughly chopped
-1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, optional
-15 oz. can cannelloni or other beans, rinsed (optional, I didn't use any beans at all)

Process:
1. In a large pot heat oil, onion and garlic over medium-high heat.
 2. Add thyme and crushed red pepper.
 3. Cook and stir until onion and garlic are transparent and golden brown.
 4. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
 5. Add tortellini and boil for 4 minutes.
 6. Reduce heat to a simmer and add spinach (and beans if using).
 7. Stir to combine.  Simmer for about 1 minute to wilt spinach.
 8. Serve immediately.
 9. Sprinkle served soup with Parmesan, if desired.
10. Enjoy! Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...