Thursday, October 4, 2012

Cheese Stuffed Mini Meat Loaves

These are GREAT and much easier than I thought!

I adapted the recipe from here.

Ingredients for Mini Meat Loaves:
-1/2 cup cracker crumbs OR bread crumbs
-1 cup spaghetti sauce OR tomato sauce
-4 or 5 sticks string cheese OR other cheese, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
-1 lb. ground beef
-1 egg
-1/4 cup chopped onion
-salt and pepper

Ingredients for Meatloaf Glaze:
-1/4 cup ketchup
-1 tbsp brown sugar
-1 tbsp prepared mustard

Process:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin pan very well.
I used spaghetti sauce and
these sandwich crackers.
 2. Crush crackers (in the package to eliminate the crumby mess).
 3. Combine the sauce, cracker crumbs, egg and onion.
 4. Stir to mix thoroughly.
 5. Add salt and pepper; mix well.
 6. Add ground beef to crumb mixture.
 7. Mix beef and crumb mixture thoroughly.
 8. Divide the beef mixture into the 12 sections of the muffin pan. {They will be full.}
 9. Push the pieces of string cheese into the center of the meat loaves.
 10. Close the meat around the tops of the cheese.
 11. Add glaze ingredients to a small bowl.
 12. Mix glaze well.
 13. Brush glaze over the tops of the mini meat loaves.
 14. Place muffin pan on a baking sheet in case of spill over. {I lined my baking sheet with foil to catch the spill over so I didn't have to wash the baking sheet.}
 15. Place mini meat loaves in oven for 30-40 minutes or until the center temperature reaches 160 degrees.
 16. Remove mini meat loaves from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
 TIP:  I found that a tongs worked really well to remove these from the muffin cups; just put each side of the tongs on either side of the mini meat loaf, give it a little twist and lift out.
 17. Enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...