Monday, October 8, 2012

Sweet OR Savory Pie Crust

This pie crust recipe is SO easy and can be used for a sweet or savory pie!  Its fast and you probably always have the ingredients in your kitchen.

I've used this for sweet cream pies and for egg/breakfast bakes.  Enjoy its versatility!

I found the recipe here, where it is called a Mock Graham Cracker Crust.
Ingredients:
-1/3 cup cream cheese, softened
-1/2 cup butter, softened
-1/4 cup white sugar
-about 1 cup white or wheat flour
Process:
1. Cream together cream cheese, butter and sugar.
2. Add flour a little at a time to get a grainy textured dough.
3. Roll into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes {I don't know if I ever do this, usually I just need to get cooking}.
4. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
5. Place dough in pie dish and press evenly to cover the bottom and sides of dish.
6. If you are using a precooked filling you will need to bake the crust before filling. 
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges start to brown.
8. Enjoy! Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...