My husband loves blueberries, so this was a huge hit with him! Plus, the turbinado raw sugar makes the top awesomely crispy and crunchy.
-2 cups flour
-1 cup sugar
-1 tbsp baking powder
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/2 cup shortening
-1 cup milk
-2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
-turbinado raw sugar (coarse raw sugar), optional
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2.Combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
3. Cut in shortening, until crumbly.
4. Add in the eggs and milk; stir just until crumb mixture is moistened.
5. Carefully, fold in blueberries.
6. Pour mixture into a greased spring-form pan or other baking pan.
7. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
|I put mine on a foil lined baking sheet |
because one of my spring-form pans leaks a little
and so better safe than sorry!
9. Remove from oven.
10. Allow to cool at least 5 minutes before removing spring-form and cutting.
11. Best enjoyed warm and fresh, but the leftovers (if there are any) are still very good!