The original recipe found HERE, said that it made 8-9 pint jars, although I ended up with 5 pint jars canned and about 1/2 pint in the refrigerator.
-10 cups shredded zucchini
-3 cups grated onion
-4 red bell peppers, grated
-5 tbsp salt
-3 cups sugar
-1 tbsp cornstarch
-1 tsp turmeric
-3 cups white vinegar
-1 tsp dry mustard
-1 tsp black pepper
-1 tsp celery seeds
1. Combine the soaking ingredients in a large plastic bowl and let them stand covered with a kitchen towel on the counter overnight.
2. In the morning, rinse the vegetables thoroughly in a large colander and drain well (I pressed them into the colander to remove the access water).
|Rinsed and squeezed out extra water.|
4. Mix well and boil for 30 minutes.
5. Pack into prepared canning jars with 1/2 inch head-space. (any relish that won't fill a jar, store in the refrigerator and enjoy!)
6. Process in water bath (at least 212 degrees) covered for 15 minutes.
7. Remove the cover and wait 5 minutes before removing jars from the canner.
8. Cool and store.