Haven't tasted this yet but think of it served as an accompaniment to any meat; it smelled great when cooking. I found this recipe here. This recipe made exactly six half pint jars.
|Tomatoes, onions, raisins and lemon not in picture.|
-1 cup white sugar
-1 cup brown sugar
-3 cups apple cider vinegar
-3 tbsp peeled fresh ginger, finely grated
-1 tsp salt
-1 tsp ground cumin
-1 tsp ground coriander
-1 tsp ground cardamom
-3 lbs. (about 6 cups) tomatoes, roughly chopped
-2 large yellow onions, chopped
-1 cup golden raisins
-zest and juice of one lemon (original recipe said Meyer lemon, I used a regular lemon)Process:
1. In a large heavy-bottomed pan, combine the sugars, vinegar, ginger, salt, cumin, coriander and cardamom.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil and stir to dissolve sugars.
3. Lower heat and add tomatoes, onions, raisins, lemon zest and juice. Stir.
4. Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
5. Ladle into hot prepared canning jars, wipe rims, add lids and rings and place in canner; process cover covered in water bath (210 degrees) for 10 minutes. Remove canner lid and let stand for 5 minutes.
6. Remove from canner, place on a towel or wire rack to cool completely.