Monday, September 24, 2012

Cord Cuff

A cord cuff is a great way to hold your appliance cords when you are not using them.

It takes very little fabric and just a little time to make.  Also if you know you are going to make more than one cuff you could sew one long rectangle of fabric and cut to make multiple cuffs.  

I just might need to make one for my mixer, bread maker, panini press, electric can opener, etc.!  Enjoy!
Materials:
-scrap piece of fabric
-matching thread
-button
-needle, for sewing on button
-scissors
-sewing machine
-iron and ironing board

Process:
1.  Cut out 2 rectangle pieces of fabric {3" x 8" is what I used}; just decide what width you want and how long it needs to be to fit your appliance cord.
2. Place the rectangles right-sides together and sew with a 1/4 inch seam allowance on both long sides and one of the short sides.
3. Then trim the corners at a 45 degree angle to eliminate the bulk when turning the cuff right-side out.
 4. Turn the cuff right-side out and press.
 5. Fold in the open end about 1/4 inch and press.
 6. Sew around the edge of the cuff, closing and finishing all edges.
 7. Now use your button hole foot to create a button hole the size that you need.  {My button hole foot wouldn't make a button hole large enough, so I just stitched a straight stitch around about 3 - 4 times a rectangle the size I knew the button would fit through.}
 8. Use a sharp scissor and cut out your button hole.
 9. Sew your button onto the opposite end of the cuff.
 10. Use your cuff to secure any cuff you want!  Enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...