Friday, September 21, 2012

Awesome Pizza Crust

We LOVE this pizza crust recipe!  I literally keep it in a magnet clip on our refrigerator.  You can use all the dough to make one thick crust as pictured or you can split it up and make two pizzas or a pizza and bread sticks!

I found the recipe on AllRecipes here.  I always end up adding more flour than the original recipe calls for.


Ingredients:

-2 1/4 tsp dry yeast
-1/2 tsp brown sugar
-1 1/2 cups warm water (about 110 degrees, so it feels warm to touch, but not hot... hot will kill the yeast)
-1 tsp salt
-2 tbsp olive oil
-3 1/2 cups flour, plus more if needed
-optional herbs: oregano, basil, garlic, etc. {If you want to season your crust with herbs you can but its not necessary.}

Process:

I make this recipe in my bread-maker.
1. Add the warm water, brown sugar, olive oil, salt and flour to the bread pan; add the dry yeast on the top.
2. Place bread pan into the bread-maker and set to the dough setting.  Check the dough after 5 minutes to see if it is forming a good dough ball without being too sticky.  If sticky add a little bit of flour until the dough seems to be a good consistency   
3. Allow bread-maker to finish the dough setting. {Sometimes I will pull the dough out when there is about 30 minutes left if I am limited on time; that remaining 30 minutes is rising time and it can rise after you form your crust.}
4. Remove from bread-maker and form into your crust. {I like to use oil on the pan with a little dusting of cornmeal.}
5. Let formed dough sit and rise covered with a clean kitchen towel for about 20-30 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450 degrees.
7. You can top the crust with toppings before baking or prebake it if you like; you decide, I've done it both ways.
8. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
9. Enjoy!
Prebaked crust
All dough used on one pizza crust.



Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. By the I just made this tonight and it was absolutely delicious!!! The only thing extra is I added 1 tsp of brown sugar. It made 2 pizza's, but next time I think I will opt for the thicker crust and some amazing breadsticks. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you enjoyed it! It is definitely one of our favorites!
      We also like the New York Style one {http://theartisticfarmer.blogspot.com/2013/10/new-york-style-pizza-dough-makes-4.html}, it makes 4 thin crusts and is freezable. :D

      Delete

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...