Thursday, May 22, 2014

Mojito Grilled Chicken

This is one of my favorite chicken recipes to make in the summer when my mint is plentiful.

You can bake this recipe in the oven, about 1 hour on 350 degrees; which is what I did in the images below {it turned out to be a rainy day and I didn't feel like braving the rain}.  But it really is so awesome done on the grill!

Ingredients:
-4 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
-3 tbsp lime juice {you could substitute lemon juice, although lime is used in a real mojito}
-2 tbsp oil or other oil
-2 tbsp light rum or orange juice
-2 tsp grated lime zest {just the outer peel, the pith (white part) is bitter}
-4 chicken breasts {or about 2-3 lbs. other chicken pieces}
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp pepper

Process:
1. Combine mint, lime juice, oil, rum, lime zest, salt and pepper.  Mix well or blend/puree.
2. Place chicken in an airtight container or large sealable bag.  Toss to coat.  
3. Refrigerate at least 8 hours, preferably 2-5 days before grilling.
4. Prepare grill and grill chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Or bake in a 350 degree oven for about 1 hour.
Enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...