Monday, March 17, 2014

Cotton Candy Salad

This is a great salad for a summer barbecue!  Its very easy and is best made ahead so it can chill thoroughly.  Enjoy!

Ingredients:
-14 oz. sweetened condensed milk {I made my own; recipe below}
-2 cups crushed pineapple, drained {I used one large can, I think 32 oz.}
-1 can cherry pie filling
-1 can strawberry pie filling
-12 oz. cool whip, thawed
-3/4 cup chopped pecans, optional {I left them out for the kids}

Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk:
In a saucepan combine...
-3/4 cup sugar
-1/2 cup water
-1 1/8 cup dry milk
Bring to a boil and cook; stirring constantly for about 20 minutes, until thickened and smooth.  Use as called for.

Process:
1. Combine sweetened condensed milk, drained pineapple, cherry and strawberry pie filling in a large bowl.
 2. Mix well.
 3. Add cool whip and mix thoroughly.  {Also mix in pecans, if using.}
 4. Spread salad in serving bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.  Enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...