Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Cream Soup Mix {Condensed Cream of ... Soup Substitute}

This is a very easy and very cheap substitute for any condensed cream soups.

I keep a container of this in my pantry and have the recipe and instructions written right on the container so I can refill and use as needed.  Enjoy!

Ingredients:
-2 cups powdered milk
-3/4 cup cornstarch
-1/4 cup powdered chicken bouillon
-2 tbsp dried minced onion
-2 tsp italian seasoning

Process:
1. Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.

Process for 1 (10.75 oz.) can substitute:
1. In a small saucepan, combine 1/3 cup dry cream soup mix with 1 1/4 cups cold water.
2. Whisk and heat until thickened.

Optional:
When cooking the mixture you can add things like diced mushrooms, chicken, celery, etc. to customize the creamed soup for your recipe.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...