Sunday, April 7, 2013

Mom's Macaroni Salad

Yum, yum, yum!  This is one of my mom's recipes and its just one of those recipes I crave at different times of the year; especially now that its getting to be grilling season!  You can make this up to a couple of days in advance.  Once again, yum!  Enjoy!
Ingredients:
-4 cup uncooked pasta of your choice
-1 small onion, chopped small
-1 cup sugar
-2 cups miracle whip salad dressing
-1 tbsp salt
-1/2 cup milk
-1/8 cup water, optional {I don't usually add the water, I think the consistency is good as is; its up to you.}
-about 3-4 ribs celery, diced
-about 1-2 cups frozen peas {I like to use the ones I froze from last season's garden}
-about 8 oz. cheddar cheese, cubed
Process:
1. Cook pasta according to the package directions, al dente is best.
2. Place frozen peas in a large colander.
3. When pasta is cooked, pour hot pasta over peas and drain, stir the mixture to mix in the frozen peas and rinse with cold water.  {The pasta helps thaw the peas and the peas help cool the pasta!}
4. Combine the miracle whip, sugar, salt and milk {and water if using} in a large mixing bowl.
5. Whisk mixture until well combined.
6. Add the celery and onion to dressing mixture.
7. Mix in onion and celery.
8. Add the cubed cheese to the dressing mixture.
9. Stir the cheese into the dressing mixture.
10. Pour the cooled pea and pasta mixture over the dressing.
11. Stir well to combine thoroughly.
12. Cover with plastic wrap or pour into an air tight container.  
13. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
14. Stir before serving and enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...