Sunday, March 10, 2013

Moroccan Raw Carrot Salad

This is a great raw carrot salad; something different to add to the menu!

I found this recipe from Panning the Globe.

Ingredients:
-2 lbs. carrots, peeled and shredded
-3 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley


{I used a spiral slicer for the carrots; I have this one below}

Dressing Ingredients:
-1/4 cup olive oil
-1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 1/2 lemons)
-2 garlic cloves, finely chopped (1 tsp)
-1 tsp salt
-1 tsp cumin
-1/8 tsp cayenne pepper

Process:
1. Place carrots and parsley in a large bowl.
2. For dressing, whisk lemon juice and other ingredients, except olive oil.
3. Keep whisking while slowly adding olive oil to emulsify.
4. Toss carrot mixture with dressing.
5. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
6. Enjoy!

* Salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for days.  I think the flavor was even better the next day!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...