Friday, March 1, 2013

Blueberry Pancake Cupcakes

These are fantastic!  I adapted this recipe from yourcupofcake.  
They are very much like blueberry pancakes, although they are very much a dessert!

They're great with your morning coffee or tea, or as a mid-day snack to share with friends or just as a delightful dessert after a great meal!
Ingredients for Cupcakes:
-1 cup butter, softened/melted
-1 1/2 cups sugar
-4 eggs {the original recipe calls for 3 eggs and 2 egg whites; I just used 4 whole eggs}
-3 1/3 cups flour
-1 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp salt
-1 tbsp cinnamon
-1/2 tsp nutmeg
-1 cup sour cream {I actually used greek yogurt}
-1/3 cup milk
-1 tbsp vanilla
-1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, unthawed

Ingredients for Maple Frosting:
-1/2 cup butter, softened
-8 oz. cream cheese, softened
-2 tsp maple flavored extract
-4 cups powdered sugar
-milk as needed, optional

Other Optional Toppings:
-fresh blueberries
Process for Cupcakes:
1. Preheat oven to 360 degrees.
2. Line muffin pan with cupcake liners {makes 24-28 cupcakes}.
3. Beat butter and sugar until well blended.
4. Add eggs and vanilla to butter mixture, blend well.
5. Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, blend well.
6. Add in milk and sour cream/yogurt, blend well.
7. Add in flour and blend well; the mixture will be thick.
8. Lastly, add in the blueberries.  Mix well.
9. The mixture will be thick, spoon into prepared muffin cups.
Fill cup about 3/4 full.  I ended up with extra that would have probably made 4 more cupcakes; I put the remaining mixture into 2 well greased ramekins.
10. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, until golden brown.
11. Cool in pans for about 10 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Ramekins will  need to bake at the same temperature for about 30 minutes.

Process for Maple Frosting:
1. Cream together butter, cream cheese and maple flavoring.
2. Add powdered sugar, beat until well blended.  {I didn't add any milk; I liked the thicker frosting.}
3. I like to put my frosting in a gallon sized bag for frosting cupcakes.  
Don't seal the bag, clip of a small piece of one of the bottom corners, twist the top of the bag until the frosting begins coming out and continue twisting as you frost all of the cupcakes.
4. Frost cupcakes.

TIP: I like to place the cupcakes on a large wire rack over the sink if I know I am going to be adding sprinkles to the top; then all the sprinkles that miss the cupcakes will fall into the sink instead of on the counter and floor.
5. Sprinkle cupcakes with cinnamon sugar mixture.
6. Top cupcakes with fresh blueberries!  This makes them extra special; the fresh blueberry is a great compliment!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...